NEW!! We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time. Here’s how it works:
- Sign into your MINDBODY account and ensure that your email address is correct, and that you’ve opted in to receive emails from us.
- Set your email account so that messages from “firstname.lastname@example.org” always arrive in your inbox, and are never marked as spam. Here’s a guide for how to do this in for several popular email domains.
- View our class schedule online the same way you always do.
- Sign up for any class with “ONLINE LIVE STREAM” in the name and check out normally. You’ll receive a confirmation email from FitGrid soon after.
- Once you’re within 60 minutes of the class’ scheduled start time, you’ll receive another email from FitGrid with a unique link to access the live stream. Not seeing the email? Search your spam and promotions folders. Look for subject lines containing the phrase “live-stream link”.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip!
- Click your unique link a few minutes before class is scheduled to start.
- If you have the Zoom application on your device already, you’ll join immediately.
- If you do not have the Zoom application on your device, you’ll be prompted to download it.
That’s all there is to it! Thank you for staying active and being a part of our community. Looking forward to seeing you in (virtual) class! Here’s some more helpful information:
- Students must purchase a single online class to take our virtual zoom classes. Each person taking the class in your home needs to purchase a single class, even if you will be sharing a device to take the class. If your child was enrolled in one of our classes in the spring semester that had to be cut short due to COVID-19, you have a credit coming to you that can be used for any of these youth or adult class offerings. If you have not done so already, please complete this credit request form.
- Please download Zoom for either your mobile device or desktop prior to the start of your first class. You do not need to create a Zoom login or account to take our livestream classes, but accounts are free to make. Before you get started, check out this great Zoom Tutorial!
- All class times are in Central Standard Time (Milwaukee, WI). You must be signed up for class at least 2 hours prior to the start time of class. This will allow you to receive your class link email in time for class.
- Check your email for your unique class link–you will receive this email 60 minutes before the start of your class. This link can only be used once by you, it will not be shareable with others.
- Please ensure that the email address and name on your Mindbody account is accurate. This information will be used to let you into the class from the Zoom waiting room. This is a security feature to prevent those from entering the class without authorized access.
- Please arrive via Zoom 5 minutes early.
- All classes are presented live (times CST). The classes will not be recorded for later viewing, unless indicated otherwise (i.e. Youtube LIVE).
- Classes are intended for ages 14+, unless indicated otherwise. Classes for younger ages are labeled as “Youth” or “Teen”.
We bet you have more questions! Here are some popular FAQ’s! If you have questions that are not answered here, please feel free to send us an email!
- What is Zoom? Zoom is a software platform that allows for video calls and online chat services. If you’re new to Zoom, we suggest creating a new FREE account! Check out this great Zoom Tutorial!
- How do I sign up for a Virtual class on Zoom? Check out this video for step by step directions for how to register! You can sign up for our virtual classes on our website. When you click to register, you will be brought to our Danceworks Mindbody page where you will be prompted to sign in or create a student profile. Simply choose the class you’d like to take from our schedule and purchase a single class for $10 (See additional pricing options above). You will receive an email confirmation of your purchase, with details on how to access your zoom class.
- How do I sign up for a Pre-Recorded Virtual Class?When viewing the schedule, please note when a class is pre-recorded. These classes are UNIQUE because you can choose to take it at the scheduled time OR watch it later! The class recording will stay accessible for 24 hours! You will register for a pre-recorded class the same way you would a zoom or in-studio class. You will be emailed a private link to view the class video the day of the scheduled class. You can watch it as many times as you want until it expires after 24 hours.
- Can I use my DW credit on these virtual classes? Yes! If your child was enrolled in one of our classes in the spring semester that had to be cut short due to COVID-19, you have a credit coming to you that can be used for any of these youth or adult class offerings. If you have not done so already, please complete this credit request form.
- Can I use my previously purchased DW class card on virtual classes? Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor previously purchased class cards for online classes. All class packages are frozen until we have a confirmed reopen date. Once we reopen, they will be extended to ensure everyone has plenty of time to use them.
- How do I join the zoom class? Once you have completed your registration, you will receive an email with a personalized link to enter the class waiting room. At the start of class, you will be added to the virtual class via Zoom where you’ll see the teacher as well as other members of the class. At this time, you may choose to leave your video on or turn it off for privacy.
- How do I view the pre-recorded class? On the day/time of the class, you will be emailed a private link to view the class via Youtube. You can watch it as many times as you want until it expires after 24 hours.
- I don’t see an email in my inbox. What should I do? Your class link will be emailed from a mindbodyonline.com account, so please check your spam and promotions folders as well. If you do not see an email, please double check your class schedule in your Danceworks MindBody account to make sure you are enrolled. If you are still unable to locate the class link, please email email@example.com for further assistance.
- What if I get knocked off my internet during class? You can log right back in to the Zoom class using the same information included in your registration confirmation email. We ask that you please be patient as the instructor or co-host will re-admit you into the class. If you have trouble getting back into the class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What about the free virtual classes? We are happy to continue offering a variety of free virtual classes and other opportunities via Facebook & Youtube LIVE. These will be announced on social media (@danceworksmke) and updated on our website.
- Additional Questions? If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience and support as we experiment and navigate the learning curve that comes along with these streaming services. Your feedback is always welcomed and valued. We look forward to seeing and dancing with you soon!
Registration & Payment Policies:
- Danceworks has a strict no-refund policy.
- Youth students who withdraw from class midyear are not obligated to pay any remaining balance, however, any payments made will not be refunded.
- Refunds are not given for missed classes and students are encouraged to make up missed classes. This includes classes canceled due to inclement weather. Please consult with you/your child’s instructors on what class would be most appropriate as a make-up class.
- Danceworks has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 including limiting class capacities. Registration is taken on a first-come, first-serve basis online at Danceworksmke.org
- Waiver/Release: All youth and adult students must have a signed waiver on file. Students under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver on their behalf.
Please contact Danceworks Director of Education, Amy Brinkman, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.