Dress Code: Youth Classes
At Danceworks, we believe that dancers will achieve their best when they are confident and comfortable in what they are wearing. Our dress code has been set with safety and comfort in mind and dancers can choose the option that is most comfortable for them.
Tap, Ballet (levels I and up), Pre-Ballet, Creative Dance, Tiny Dancer (Creative Dance), and any combination classes that include these styles
- Option # 1: Black leotard, pink or flesh-tone tights, appropriate shoes for the style of class. A dance skirt is optional with permission from the instructor.
- Option # 2: Solid white t-shirt, black jazz pants or close-fitting sweat pants and appropriate shoes.
Jazz, Contemporary, Tap, and Theater Dance (levels I and up), and any combination classes that include these styles
- Black jazz pants, a solid-colored close-fitting top, and appropriate dance shoes.
A Note on Dance Shoe Requirements:
Tap and jazz shoes of any color must be worn for tap classes and all combination classes that include tap, jazz, and theatre dance classes.
- Ballet shoes of any color must be worn by all students in pre-ballet, creative dance, and ballet technique classes of all levels. Students should coordinate the color of the dance shoes worn with the color of the tights they have chosen to wear (black, tan, or flesh tone.)
Comfortable, non-restrictive clothing and dance sneakers or street sneakers. Sneakers must be carried in and should not be worn directly from the street to the class. No dresses or skirts should be worn without pants or leggings. Oversized clothing can be dangerous while dancing and should not be worn in class.
Comfortable street clothing can be worn and street shoes with smooth leather soles. Shoes must be carried in and should not be worn directly from street to class.
- Dangling jewelry of any kind should not be worn in any class.
- All students with chin-length or longer hair must wear it away from their face secured neatly in a ponytail or in a traditional bun.
- Please do not wear headbands to class as they tend to fall out and become a distraction to the student.
*Youth shoes and dance apparel are available for purchase at our Water Street studio.
Questions? Contact Amy Brinkman-Sustache, Director of Education, at 414.277.8480 x6002 or via email.