Updated Face Mask Policies
June 22, 2021
After more than a year of requiring masks, Danceworks is cautiously taking steps to return to the pre-pandemic operations of our business. After careful monitoring of COVID-19 cases, local, state, and federal guidelines as well as safety best practices we are ready to relax some of our pandemic restrictions. The following information will go into effect on 7/5/21.
Please note that Danceworks will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and reserves the right to further relax or reinstate restrictions as the situation requires.
Here’s what you need to know:
- To protect those with suppressed immune systems and not yet eligible to get vaccinated, masks are still required to enter the building and in all common spaces (hallways and restrooms.)
- Masks will be required for all students attending youth classes.
- Masks will not be mandatory for adult classes for individuals who are fully vaccinated.
- Those who feel more comfortable wearing a mask are encouraged to mask up.
- Danceworks will no longer require a temperature screening for adults, but will continue doing temperature checks for those attending youth classes.
- Social distancing will remain in place in our dance studios.
- Individuals coming to Danceworks should self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms. We ask that you/your child do not participate in any Danceworks programming if you show any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
We are recommending that students wear 1 of the following masks in common spaces/youth classes:
- 2-layer fabric face mask
- A disposable paper face mask
- N-95 or K-95 face mask
Please note: A handkerchief/bandana is not an acceptable form of face mask covering.
Additional safety measures being taken by Danceworks:
- Installation of ionization filtration system to aid in removing airborne viral particles
- Cleaning frequently touched areas in studios after each class
- Frequent cleaning of all common spaces using CDC approved disinfectant throughout the day
- Daily mopping of studio floors with CDC approved disinfectant
- Adhering to social distancing guidelines
- Supplying hand sanitizer in studios and common areas
- For studio classes, there will be no activities that require direct or indirect contact including partnering, tactile cueing without permission, or touching the same equipment.
- Class start and end times will be staggered, to ensure no more than eleven students will be entering or exiting the building at all times
- Only students will be allowed in the building. No waiting in the lobby is allowed.
Click here to read more about all of our COVID-19 Studio Policies and Procedures.
❮ Summer Class Registration is OPEN!
Danceworks DanceLAB presents: Rhythmworks ❯