Danceworks is currently accepting resumes for a variety of positions that help support our mission of spreading joy, health and creativity through dance.
Click through the positions below to learn more about how to apply!
Danceworks is currently accepting resumes for a new Accounting Manager!
Founded in 1992, the mission of Danceworks, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit, is to enhance joy, health, and creativity by engaging the community through dance. Danceworks’ vision is to be a driving force that builds community through movement and creative arts. As a member of the Danceworks, Inc. Leadership team reporting to the Executive Director, the Accounting Manager is responsible for daily bookkeeping, accurate financial reporting, and consistent delivery of Danceworks mission through operational procedures. This role is responsible for maintaining relationships with third-party vendors and Danceworks customers to ensure the successful communication of organizational needs and accounting processes to support fiscal responsibility. In collaboration with Director Level leadership, this role actively contributes to budget management and demonstrates a clear understanding of the confidential nature of this position. The Accounting Manager is a supporting role to the Executive Director as it relates to consistent oversight of revenue and expense to ensure the organization’s sustainability. A commitment to the highest levels of professionalism is required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:LEADERSHIP (INTEGRITY)
- Operation of day-to-day financial needs of the organization including but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, coordinating bi-weekly payroll, bank deposits, and other financial data entry
- Collaborate with the external Accounting Firm to ensure successful close of monthly financials including but not limited to: account reconciliation and sales taxes
- Coordinate all state and federal requirements for business compliance including but not limited to: license and certificate renewals
- Collaborate with the Finance Committee and Executive Director to produce the annual operating budget and keep the organization on budget throughout the fiscal year
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion to provide continued opportunities for growth at Danceworks, Inc.
PLANNING & MANAGEMENT (EXCELLENCE)
- Collaborate with the CPA, the external Accounting Firm, and Director Level staff to prepare data for the annual audit and filing of tax returns
- Operation of Financial Reporting Systems including but not limited to: Quickbooks Online, MindBody, Arts People, and DonorSnap reporting
- Oversight of the organizations bank accounts and delivery of bank deposits when necessary
- Support Executive Director in analyzing relevance and necessity of Third-Party Vendor relationships and ensuring Danceworks is making fiscally sound decisions
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (COLLABORATION)
- Collaborate with Director Level Leadership to create and manage program/organizational budgets
- Collaborate with Development Manager to ensure successful entry and documentation of incoming contributed revenue and accurate grant reporting when applicable
- Collaborate with Executive Director to provide timely and accurate financial reporting for Board and Committee meetings
- Establish and maintain relationships with Third-Party Vendors for the successful operations of the organization’s functioning
- Support Danceworks programs and events through volunteering time towards the successful presentation of the Danceworks brand
Other responsibilities and staff supervision as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Passion: Understanding of and passion for the Danceworks mission and vision
- Education: Nonprofit Administration or Accounting degree preferred or 3+ years equivalent experience
- Skills: 3+ years experience in an administrative supervisory role preferably in financial management. Strong and effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Extremely organized with high attention to detail. Strong analytical, technical, and financial skills.
- Knowledge: Strong knowledge of nonprofit management and financial practices.
- Relevant Experience: Demonstrated previous management experience, preferably in not-for-profit organizations. Ability to manage difficult situations/employees, projects, deadlines, developing processes, and implementing policies and procedures in a timely manner. Ability to collaborate effectively and respect the ideas of others.
Availability & Hour Requirement:
This position requires 35-40 hours per week. We offer a hybrid work plan with flexible daytime availability.
This is a salary position ranging $36,000.00- $42,000.00 per year based on experience. All Danceworks staff receive free access to all regularly scheduled studio classes.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance options
PTO and Holiday Pay
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Danceworks HR Manager, Debrasha Greye Rogers, via email.
Danceworks is currently accepting resumes for community teachers!
Danceworks is committed to taking arts and arts learning beyond the studio and theatre and into the community by creating work that resonates with diverse groups of people. We are looking for new teaching artists that are interested in leading a classroom through one of our many outreach programs, such as: Mad Hot Rhythm, Generations, Residencies and MORE!
- A minimum of two years dance teaching experience
- A creative approach to teaching students of all ages (work with seniors is a plus)
- The willingness and ability to teach according to Danceworks’ technique-based curriculum
- An understanding of the cognitive and kinesthetic development of students in a wide range of ages and abilities
- The knowledge to inform and motivate student learning and achievement and to convey the importance of the performing arts
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to programming in schools and other locations in the community
How to Apply:
We will be accepting resumes for Fall 2022 Community Teachers starting July 20 through August 14, 2021. Prospective candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Danceworks Director of Education, Amy Brinkman, via email. Selected candidates will be invited to interview and teach an audition class.
Questions? Contact Amy Brinkman-Sustache, Director of Education, at 414.277.8480 x6002 or via email.
We want everyone to join the dance at Danceworks! Looking for alternative ways to pay for your classes? Join our Work-Study Program and work at our Water Street studio in an hour-for-hour exchange for classes.
Duties include cleaning, studio maintenance and light administrative tasks that are usually scheduled on our studios’ off-hours on a weekly basis.
Questions? Contact Sarah Mesa, Front Office Manager, at 414.277.8480 or via email.