Employment & Internship Opportunities
Front Desk Staff (part-time with the potential for full-time)
- The Front Desk Staff’s role is to use front desk systems, policies and procedures to provide excellent customer service to ensure that students, families, performance patrons and the broader Danceworks community enjoy a positive experience within our organization. Front Desk Staff is responsible for communicating all relevant information from shifts to Office Administrator.
- The Front Desk Staff is supervised by the Office Administrator.
Registration and Tuition:
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Danceworks’ studio classes, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate expert proficiency and management of Mindbody (CRM) software systems, database maintenance and updates.
- Assist and register customers for classes, workshops and other Danceworks programs.
- Ensure accuracy in check-in numbers for each class.
Performance and Ticketing:
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Danceworks performances and rentals as well as ticketing software (Arts People); assist customers in completing ticketing transactions.
- Report all relevant information to Office Administrator
- Assist with staffing of performances as needed.
- Answer and manage incoming calls efficiently, field inquiries, retrieve voicemails and return calls with timeliness.
- Serve as liaison between studio families, performance patrons, Director of Education, Director of Engagement, Front Desk Staff and other staff as needed.
Other Administrative Duties
- Sell apparel and shoes. Track inventory of office and janitorial supplies and apparel/inventory needs. Communicate all supply needs to Office Administrator.
- Maintain record of all check-ins and perform physical head count to ensure accuracy.
- Complete financial reconciliation at the end of each shift. Relate all relevant information to Finance & HR Manager.
- Responsible for light cleaning of studios and lobby area at the start and end of each shift as well as keeping the office tidy and organized.
- Serves as the liaison between performance patrons, studio, students and families.
- Communicates with the Director of Education as pertaining to Studio faculty, classroom issues and scholarship questions.
- Works together with Director of Education, Director of Engagement, Front Desk Staff and other staff as needed.
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, written and oral; analytical and financial skills; problem solving skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs. Experience with studio Customer Relationship Management software (Mindbody preferred).
- Understanding of and passion for the Danceworks mission and vision.
- Ability to work evenings and some weekend shifts. Most shifts for this position occur between 8:30 AM and 9:30 PM though times may vary due to staffing needs for rentals and performances.
- This is an entry level, hourly position paid on a biweekly basis.
- Free dance instruction for employees.
Interested? Contact Debrasha Rogers, Finance & HR Manager, via email.
Danceworks is currently seeking dancers who would like to work at our Water Street studio in an hour-for-hour exchange for classes.
Duties include cleaning, studio maintenance and light administrative tasks that are usually scheduled on our studios’ off-hours on a weekly basis.
Period of Employment: Session to Session
APPLY FOR A WORK-STUDY POSITION
For more information, contact Teresa Drews, Youth Programs & Facilities Coordinator, at 414.277.8480 ext. 6006 or via email.
Danceworks is currently accepting resumes for studio and community teaching positions!
- A minimum of two years dance teaching experience
- A creative approach to teaching students of all ages
- The willingness and ability to teach according to Danceworks’ technique-based curriculum
- An understanding of the cognitive and kinesthetic development of students in a wide range of ages and abilities
- The knowledge to inform and motivate student learning and achievement and to convey the importance of the performing arts
Prospective candidates will attend an interview as well as teach an audition class.
Interested? Contact Amy Brinkman-Sustache, Director of Education, at 414.277.8480 x6002 or via email.
MPS Arts Interns
Danceworks looks for two MPS Arts Interns to work in our summer camps each summer!
Danceworks interns gain direct, hands-on classroom experience with young children (ages 3-13) in multi-arts programs. They will assist with setting up for, facilitating, and responding to individual student needs in visual art, theater, dance, and other creative art classes, and provide general camp organization in between workshops. Interns will be supervised and mentored by professional dance and visual artists. Full day camps are M-F from 9am-4pm and half day camps are M-F from 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm. Interns may work half-days when half-day camps are offered, but preference will be given to interns who can work more than 3 consecutive weeks, and who demonstrate an interest in getting involved in the arts and dance community in Milwaukee. No dance experience is necessary for this internship, but an enthusiasm for the arts and love of children is essential! Click here for more information.
Questions? Contact Teresa Drews, Youth Programs & Facilities Coordinator, at (414) 277-8480 ext. 6006 or via email.