Danceworks is currently accepting resumes for a variety of positions that help support our mission of spreading joy, health and creativity through dance.
Click through the positions below to learn more about how to apply!
Danceworks is currently accepting resumes for community teachers!
Danceworks is committed to taking arts and arts learning beyond the studio and theatre and into the community by creating work that resonates with diverse groups of people. We are looking for new teaching artists that are interested in leading a classroom through one of our many outreach programs, such as: Mad Hot Rhythm, Generations, Residencies and MORE!
- A minimum of two years dance teaching experience
- A creative approach to teaching students of all ages (work with seniors is a plus)
- The willingness and ability to teach according to Danceworks’ technique-based curriculum
- An understanding of the cognitive and kinesthetic development of students in a wide range of ages and abilities
- The knowledge to inform and motivate student learning and achievement and to convey the importance of the performing arts
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to programming in schools and other locations in the community
How to Apply:
We will be accepting resumes for Fall 2022 Community Teachers starting July 20 through August 14, 2021. Prospective candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Danceworks Director of Education, Amy Brinkman, via email. Selected candidates will be invited to interview and teach an audition class.
Questions? Contact Amy Brinkman-Sustache, Director of Education, at 414.277.8480 x6002 or via email.
Danceworks is currently accepting resumes for new Front Office Staff!
Founded in 1992, the mission of Danceworks, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit, is to enhance joy, health, and creativity by engaging the community through dance. Danceworks’ vision is to be a driving force that builds community through movement and creative arts.
As a member of the Danceworks, Inc Administrative team reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Front Office Staff is responsible for upholding front office operations, policies and procedures to provide excellent customer service to ensure that students, families, performance patrons and the broader Danceworks community enjoy a positive experience within the organization. This role collaborates with the Front Office Staff team and other Leadership roles to ensure the qualitative and successful fulfillment of the Danceworks mission. A commitment to the highest levels of professionalism is required.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Danceworks’ studio classes, policies and procedures.
- Assist and register customers for classes, workshops and other Danceworks programs.
- Coordinate with the Front Office Staff team to ensure accuracy in check-in numbers for each class.
- Demonstrate expert proficiency and management of Mindbody (CRM) software systems, database maintenance and updates.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Danceworks performances and rentals as well as ticketing software (Arts People); assist customers in completing ticketing transactions.
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
Planning & Management (Excellence)
- Answer and manage incoming calls efficiently, field inquiries, retrieve voicemails and return calls with timeliness.
- Collaborate with Front Office Staff team to communicate updates and relevant information to customers and internal staff.
- Maintain record of all check-ins and perform physical head count to ensure accuracy.
- Complete financial reconciliation at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Collaborate with Front Office Staff for light cleaning of studios and lobby area at the start and end of each shift as well as keeping the office tidy and organized.
- Support Front Office Staff and Facilities Manager with the tracking of office inventory and janitorial supplies and apparel/inventory needs.
Community Engagement (Collaboration)
- Communicate all relevant information from shifts to the Front Office Staff.
- Assist with staffing of performances as needed.
- Serve as the liaison between performance patrons, studio, students and families.
- Communicate with the Front Office Manager and Director of Education pertaining to Studio faculty, classroom issues and scholarship questions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with students, families, and patrons.
- Support students and studio families in the purchasing of dance apparel and shoes.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Passion: Understanding of and passion for the Danceworks’ mission and vision.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Skills: 1-2 years of experience in a customer service role preferably in an arts organization. Strong and effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; analytical and financial skills; time management, problem solving skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive. 1-2 years of experience with studio Customer Relationship Management software (Mindbody preferred).
- Relevant Experience: Demonstrated previous customer service experience, preferably in not for-profit organizations. Ability to manage stressful situations, communicate with challenging customers, correspond to project deadlines and implement policies and procedures in a timely manner. Ability to collaborate effectively and respect the ideas of others.
AVAILABILITY & HOUR REQUIREMENT:
- This position requires 10-15 hours per week. The ability to work evenings and some weekend shifts are also required. Most shifts for this position occur between 8:30 AM and 9:45 PM though times may vary due to staffing needs for rentals and performances.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This is an hourly position ranging $14.00-$16.00 per hour.
- All Danceworks staff receive free access to all regularly scheduled studio classes.
- PTO and Holiday Pay Available
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Danceworks HR Manager, Debrasha Greye Rogers, via email.
We are sorry! The work-study program is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
We want everyone to join the dance at Danceworks! Looking for alternative ways to pay for your classes? Join our Work-Study Program and work at our Water Street studio in an hour-for-hour exchange for classes.
Duties include cleaning, studio maintenance and light administrative tasks that are usually scheduled on our studios’ off-hours on a weekly basis.
Questions? Contact Teresa Drews, Artistic Manager – Visual Arts, at 414.277.8480 ext. 6006 or via email.