Danceworks Studio Policies
The Fine Print
Download the current student waiver
Waiver: No student may take class without a signed waiver. Students under 18 must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver on their behalf. A waiver may be printed off and brought in on or before the first day of class or signed on site.
Danceworks’ Studio Class Policies
- Parking in Danceworks’ adjacent lots is available all day on weekends, but only after 5 pm weekdays. Free street parking is available at all times in front of our building as well as on nearby Jackson St., Van Buren St. and Brady St. There is also limited visitor parking along the east side of the building.
- Food or chewing gum in any class is not allowed. Only water in a closed container is permitted.
- The use of cell phones during any class is prohibited.
- It is essential that students take part fully in warm-up activities in order to avoid injury. Any student arriving more than 5 minutes after a class has begun should ask the permission of the instructor before joining class.
- When possible, please call our office at 414.277.8480 x6007 to notify us if you are going to be more than 10 minutes late for a class.
- Danceworks instructors have the right to shorten the length of any class with fewer than three students in attendance.
- Please wait for your instructor to notify you when to enter the studio for the start of your class.
- Permission must be granted before videotaping any class or any part of class.
- Please do not leave valuables unattended. Danceworks is not liable for any lost or stolen items.
Make Up Classes
- If a student who has paid in full or is on scholarship misses a class, he or she is able to make it up in another class appropriate for their age and level and is the same class length.
- All make-ups must be completed before the end of the current session.
- If classes are canceled due to inclement weather, Danceworks will post an announcement on Channels 12 and 4, as well as on our website and social media pages. Danceworks does not schedule make-up classes if we have to cancel due to weather-related conditions. Students are welcome to attend another class on our schedule as a make-up for the canceled class.
- Classes not meeting minimum enrollment will be canceled or combined with another class (this especially applies to youth classes).
- Danceworks faculty is required to wait 15 minutes before canceling a class where no students have shown.
- All registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be sure that all registrations are complete at the time of submission. Registration confirmations are sent via email or phone, unless registration occurs over the phone.
- Any student interested in transferring classes must contact our office. Transferring will be permitted based on class capacity.
- In the event a credit is issued for a payment made, the credit is valid for one year from the date of issue. After that period, the credit expires. Credits are not automatic and must be requested.
- Our 6 Class Card expires 50 days from purchase; 12 Class Card expires 100 days from purchase; 24 Class Card expires 135 days from purchase; Monthly Unlimited expires one month from the date of purchase; Class extensions may be purchased to provide an additional 30 days for any class cards approaching expiration.
- Danceworks enforces a strict NO REFUND policy. In the event of serious illness, injury or other extenuating circumstances, a credit may be issued.
Additional Information Regarding Youth Classes
- Students in youth classes must be paid in full; no class cards will be accepted.
- Parents are asked to refrain from entering the studio during class.
- An observation day will take place approximately halfway through a session and friends and family may watch classes during this designated week.
- Please do not leave small children unattended in the lobby. If you leave during your child’s class, please return at least 5 minutes before the class is dismissed.
- All students in youth classes must abide by Danceworks’ dress code.
- Missed classes can be made up in a class that is at an appropriate age and level for the student.
Questions? Contact Amy Brinkman-Sustache, Director of Education, at 414.277.8480 x6002 or via email.