Studio & Theatre Rentals
Are you looking for a rental space for your upcoming performance, rehearsal or class? We have two dance studios available to suit your needs–one doubles as a black box performance space.
Rental Policies | Rental Items List
Studio A / Danceworks Studio Theatre
- Studio Dimensions: 37’x 42’
- Wall of mirrors along the south wall
- Black Marley floor
- Appropriate for all dance styles
- Theatre Dimensions: 24’ deep x 42’ wide
- Black Masking for all windows, and black curtain (fixed) to obscure mirrors
- Theatre seating for up to 83 people
- Entrance onstage is from UL only
- Entrance from the house is DL only
- A small masking curtain may be hung DR for hiding people, props or sound system
- Light board
- Dimensions: 35’x 36’
- Wall of mirrors along the west wall
- Windows along the south wall
- Grey Time Step Percussive floor
- Appropriate for all dance styles; ideal for tap, flamenco and other percussive dance
Studio Rental Rates
- Danceworks Partner: $10/hour
- Independent Artist: $15/hour
- Class Rental (For Profit): $30/hour
- Non-Profit Organization Class Rental: $22/hour
Additional fees may apply for after or outside of normal business hours.
Full Scale Performance Rates
- Formal Performance $300/performance
- Technical Rehearsal $30/hour
- Spacing/Non-technical rehearsal $10-25/hour
- Box office set-up fee $100
- Box office staffing fee $60/performance (includes 2 staff members)
- Post Show Reception $50 (includes use of one table with tablecloth and one staff person to remain on site. Renter is in charge of food, set-up, and clean-up).
- Hourly Overtime $30/hour (after 11pm)
- Additional Staffing $10/hour
One Night Stand: $700
- 60-75 minute performance with minimal cueing (no intermission)
- Facilities set up including theater seating for up to 83 patrons
- Up to (3 hours) in the space to rehearse and tech prior to performance
- Lighting Designer/Stage Manager
- Box Office Manager and House Manager for (4 hours) onsite during the event. Sales will be by cash or check only.
Informal Showing: $300
- 60-75 minute showing (no intermission)
- Facilities set up including theatre seating for up to 83 patrons
- Up to (1 hour) rehearsal in the space prior to showing
- Use of sound system and minimal lighting
- Stage Manager
- One Danceworks staff member to manage the house for (3 hours). This does not include Box Office; tickets are by donation only-cash and check payable to renter.
Danceworks makes every effort to support artists and non-profit organizations; the above fees are negotiable under certain circumstances.
For more information or to schedule a studio or theatre tour, contact Kim Johnson-Rockafellow at 414.277.8480 x6018 or via email.