Date: Saturday, May 16, 2015
Time: 8 am – 6 pm; volunteer shifts (8 am-12:30 pm or 12:30-5 pm)
Place: BMO Harris Bradley Center, 1001 N. 4th Street, Milwaukee
To sign up as a volunteer, e-mail Danceworks Outreach Coordinator Julia Richter or call 414-277-8480 ext.6008
Key Responsibilities: Job responsibilities will vary depending on the position and may include: assisting schools and families at the check-in and information tables, escorting students on and off of the dance floor, organizing large numbers of students in the lobby and green room, running competition results to key volunteers, helping to maintain general control and order in common areas, answering event questions to the best of your ability.
Qualifications: Works well with others, including children; is patient; is able to solve problems; can take charge/initiative; is supportive and cooperative; accepts responsibility; is self-confident.
Support: Volunteers will be provided with a specific job description via email of assigned volunteer position.
Age Requirement: Adult or responsible teen ages 16 or older.
Dress Code: Volunteer t-shirt and comfortable shoes. The volunteer t-shirt will be provided to you by Danceworks.
Danceworks is on the MAD search for teams of volunteers!
Volunteer Team Deadline: Friday, May 1, 2015
Team Leader Roles:
1. Build a team of 6-8 members
2. Complete and submit “Team Volunteer Form”
3. Attend social with Danceworks Staff on May 7 from 5:30-7 pm
4. Communicates preliminary information to team members
5. Distributes free Danceworks class coupons and parking vouchers to all team members at Competition
Any individuals who are interested in volunteering individually at the competition can volunteer as part of Danceworks Friends of MHBT Team! Send us an email with the following information:
1. Volunteer name
2. Volunteer street address/city/state/zip
3. Volunteer phone number
4. Volunteer email
5. Preferred shift: 8 am-12:30 pm or 12:30-5 pm
6. Preferred position: seated, standing or on the move